Influence at Work
Workshop title: Influence at Work
1 or 2-day workshop – Facilitator and 2 actors
Who is it for: – For personnel who need to influence people on a regular basis in order to perform effectively in the workplace
Number of participants – Max 15 (can be increased with extra resource)
Pre-work: – take an influencing styles questionnaire
Course overview: – Influencing is: “The power that somebody has to affect other peoples thinking”
This is a highly practical course using professional business actors in a combination of bespoke scenarios and forum theatre. This allows delegates to see for themselves what works and what doesn’t when trying to influence colleagues, customers or their managers.
After developing influencing strategies and skills and learning to understand people more effectively, delegates will have the opportunity to practice in a simulation with the actors, allowing them to get feedback from the trainer, their colleagues and uniquely from the character they are trying to influence.
Learning outcomes: –
- Understand the difference between influencing and manipulating
- Be able to obtaining co-operation through consent
- Build your network of support and know how to use it effectively
- Manage interactions with others more effectively
- Identify what motivates others
- Recognise others style and be able to flex accordingly
- Be able to use influence strategies effectively
- Have effective communication skills that help to understand others needs and objectives
Post workshop to embed learning: All participants will take part in an e coaching program for 6 weeks after the workshop. This will consist of on the job exercises and suggested self-directed learning to ensure maximum retention of learning
Schedule your FREE no-obligation consultation
with one of our training experts.
Call us on 01908 511 062 or fill in our short contact form