Negotiation Skills Master Class
Workshop title: – Negotiation Skills Master-class – “Getting to the we”
2-day workshop – Facilitator and 2 actors
Who is it for: – Sales people who need to develop ethical negotiation skills that help deliver results and relationships in more strategic relationships.
Number of participants – Max 15 (can be increased with extra resources)
Pre-work To complete a self-evaluation on current skills and bring along a case study to work on
Course overview: – This is a thoroughly practical two-day workshop that focuses on the soft skills required in the negotiation process. It will look at ways of handling the complexity and dilemmas of sales negotiation; assertive negotiation is grounded in understanding our value and collaboration with our customers, at the same time as having the courage to stand firm where required to do business deals with integrity that benefit both the customers and us. Participants are introduced to the five phases’ common to all negotiations; – prepare, discuss, propose, bargain and agree. The key principles are from Gavin Kennedy’s research and writings.
Professor Gavin Kennedy, founder of Negotiate, is a leading figure in the world of negotiation and has been involved in many high-profile consultancy cases for both governments and businesses. He has authored eleven books on negotiation, several now in their third editions and with others translated into Finnish, Swedish, Romanian, Greek, Dutch, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, Arabic, and Indonesian He has also authored the negotiation and Influence modules for the distance learning MBA at Heriot Watt University’s Edinburgh Business School. Most recently he added to that a Strategic Negotiation Module for their new DBA program.
Role-play actors will be used in forum theatre, demos, and skills practice. The style will be experiential and we will facilitate learning and encourage learners to be involved. The workshop will be dynamic, practical, challenging, motivational and fun. They will learn how to put their point across in a persuasive manner leading to improved results and relationships.
The scenarios will all be based on case studies from your business, so participants can relate to the challenges and feel motivated to negotiation their way through them.
- Know and develop skills needed in assertive negotiation
- Understand the key principles and stages in negotiation
- Know how to prepare for negotiation
- Have confidence in your negotiation skills through practice and feedback
- Know how to handle the challenges, objections and potential conflict in a negotiation
- Understanding the difference between influencing and manipulating
- Know how to gain co-operation through consent
- Know how to manage interactions with others more effectively despite their personality type
- Identify what motivates others and use that to develop mutually beneficial agreements
- Recognising others style and adapting it to yours
- Know how to trade the way to we
Post workshop to embed learning: All participants will take part in an e coaching program for 6 weeks after the workshop. This will consist of on the job exercises and suggested self-directed learning to ensure maximum retention of learning
Schedule your FREE no-obligation consultation
with one of our training experts.
Call us on 01908 511 062 or fill in our short contact form